As a licensed psychologist and mindfulness teacher, practicing in the field of psychology for over 15 years, I have the honor of working with individuals in their journeys of self-discovery, healing, renewal, and growth; journeys which, at times, have emerged out of periods of life crises and emotional upheaval.
Psychotherapy. I offer individual, couples, & group psychotherapy, working with people navigating a range life transitions and challenges, including challenges and harms of systemic oppression and racism.
I work compassionately and collaboratively with clients to explore, discover and overcome aspects of their lives that keep them from recognizing and meeting their full potential. This work also involves recognizing and emphasizing clients’ strengths, resilience, and assets they already embody.
Over the years, I have worked extensively with health care professionals, including physicians and mental health providers, as well as with professionals working in the fields of law, academia, finance, and politics. My knowledge and expertise in these areas informs my tailored approach in helping navigate challenges and conflicts in relationships, workload, and systems.
Career Counseling and Coaching. I assist and support individuals, couples, leaders, and groups in their journeys of professional and personal development, meaning-making, change-making, and connection in the world of work and in their lives as a whole. I also work with people who have experienced work-related hardships and challenges, including various forms of oppression and discrimination in the workplace. Together, we create conditions for self-actualization, increased sense of empowerment, self-discovery, and work to access internal and external resources for engaging in meaningful and fulfilling life work, whatever form it might take.
Mindfulness. As a mindfulness teacher with training in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) curriculum, as well as other mindfulness & meditation practices, I offer mindfulness-based group & individual interventions.
Learn about my upcoming mindfulness training that starts in January 2021!
You can listen to my latest Mindful Breath Awareness Practice below:
Other Specialties: Mood and Anxiety Disorders; Career Concerns & Challenges; Dating & Relationship Building; Relationship Loss & Divorce; Grief; Coping with Medical Illness/Condition; Trauma and PTSD, including Healing Racialized Trauma/Oppression; Anti-Racist Therapy for White People; Affirmative Psychotherapy for LGBTQ Individuals.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Counseling Psychology, University of Maryland at College Park, 2004
- Master of Arts (MA), Counseling Psychology, University of Maryland at College Park, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Psychology and Educational Psychology, University of Texas at Austin, 1998
- Licensed Psychologist, Wisconsin # 2805 – 057
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing) Specialty/Adv. Level (Level II) Certificate 1/2014
- Eating Disorders, Compulsions, and Addictions Educational Program (EDCAS) Certificate 6/2007,The William Alanson White Institute of Psychiatry, Psychoanalysis, and Psychology, New York, NY
- Deep Diversity® Institute: Leadership Skills for Inclusive Schools and Workplaces Certificate, Anima Leadership, 2019
- Art of Public Dialogue: From Conflict to Conversation Facilitation Certificate™, Process Work Institute & Anima Leadership, 2017-2018
- The 3 Doors Compassion Project Certificate®, The 3 Doors, 2018
- Sustainability Leadership Community Fellow Certificate, Social Innovation and Sustainability Leadership Graduate Program, Edgewood College, Madison, WI, 2016
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program Teacher Training, Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society, UMASS. School of Medicine, Worcester, MA, 2014
Additional Advanced Trainings
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy
- Seeking Safety (Treatment for PTSD and Addictions)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Interpersonal Dynamic Psychotherapy
Positions and Affiliations
Principal & Lead Consultant, Consulting Collaborative, Madison, WI. 2015-Present
Faculty, Social Innovation and Sustainability Leadership Graduate Program, Edgewood College,Madison, WI. 2016- Present
Co-Chair, Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity Advisory Committee, Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society, UMASS. School of Medicine, Worcester, MA. 2015-2017
Ambassador, Statewide Action Planning Group (SAPG), HIV Outreach Project and Community Planning, University of Wisconsin and Department of Health Services. 2015-2019
Please call my office for a free phone consultation or to set up an initial appointment: 608-286-1014
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, I offer appointments via telehealth and in person, taking all safety precautions per WI Public Health Dept.